Archive for December, 2009
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Year 2009 is such an exciting year, we launched ForeUI product and achieved unbelievable success. Here I must on behalf of our company thank you again for your generous help, it is your ideas and creativity that push ForeUI become better and better. Can you imagine what will we do today? Yes we just released ForeUI V1.90! This version will be our last update in year 2009, and it will also be the last one of the V1.xx serial. As we’ve mentioned in our newsletter, ForeUI 2.0 is coming soon! No doubt the 2.0 will be very exciting but today’s leading role is still V1.90
V1.90 is a big update actually; it contains many things. Now let me show you the details.
Enhanced Table Element
In previous versions the table element is just a static image during the simulation, but now things have been changed. Table element will be converted to real HTML table and support scrolling (if you enabled it).
The animation below shows how the scrollbar works in the simulation:
Table Cell Alignment
The table cell alignment can be configured independently, with the “<”, “=” and “>” prefix for the text. The text alignment of the whole table will be the default alignment for each cell. We can use “<”, “=” or “>” at the beginning of cell text to specify the alignment for the cell.
Set Cell Value Action
The enhanced table element supports the “Set Cell Value” action, this allow you to change the table cell value dynamically.
Input Action Target Element Id
This feature is requested by Ulrich, it can save your time to find element in a big plot. Thanks for the good idea Ulrich Now you can input the target element id for the action. We also provide an auto-complete assistent when you type the id, it will show all candidates in a popup list and you can pick one with mouse or keyboard.
Post Commands for DHTML Export
This feature is requested by Tim, we find it very useful when you want to do some successor task after the exporting, thanks Tim for the idea! Now you can input some commands in the “Export” tab of settings window, they will be invoked in turn after the DHTML is generated. Here is an example, we will run the simulation in FireFox, Opera and Safari when the DHTML is generated.
“Set Selected Index” Action
In order to provide more flexibility for behavior definition, we implemented a new “Set Selected Index” action. This action is supported by Table, List, Tree, Tabs and VerticalTabs elements. So you can change the selection of these elements in the simulation.
- Avoid selecting header of table element in edit mode.
- Press Backspace to delete element for non-Mac system.
- Bug_0120: Main window may be hidden when click the action button on page management window.
- Bug_0122: Calendar element is not displayed correctly in FireFox.
- Bug_0123: Tabs/VertcialTabs/Tree/List/Table elements should invoke the handler for “Selection Changed” event when default selection is changed.
- Bug_0124: Sometimes Page Up/Down can not switch page in simulation after clicking some element.
- Bug_0125: List/Tree element without selected item is not painted correctly in simulation.
Hello everyone, it is my pleasure to announce that ForeUI V1.85 is released today! In this version, we added a new vertical tabs element, improved the combo box element, implemented some useful enhancements and fixed a few bugs.
We’ve put this vertical tabs in our TODO list for a while, and finally it is available now. It is very similar with the Tabs element, but it will place the tabs on the left or right side. Also the vertical tabs has four different looks according to the current UI theme.
Now we have more options to manipulate the ComboBox element during simulation. The ComboBox element now provides “Selection Changed” event, “Selected Index” property and “Set Selected Index” action.
This example demonstrates the usage of the “Selection Changed” event and “Selected Index” property:
We can also use “Set Selected Index” action to change the selection of ComboBox:
The element selector window and the page management window will be closed automatically once they lose focus, now you can pin it and keep it opened. Just click the small pin icon on the top-right corner, the window will be pinned and will not close until you click the “x” button.
- Ctrl+Click to bring up context menu in Mac. (Thanks Todd Sieling for the suggestion!)
- Command+Click to remove element from selection in Mac. (Thanks Todd Sieling for the suggestion!)
- Store last modify time in .4ui and .fce files for future usage.
- Bug_0117: Page name editing should be stopped when closing the page manage window. (Ulrich reported, thanks!)
- Bug_0118: Page information in status bar is not correct if switching page in “Page Loaded” event handler. (Thanks Ulrich for the reporting!)
- Bug_0119: Empty tab in Tabs element can not be selected in simulation.