I’ve been giving the ForeUI trial a go and think it’s fantastic. But, a few things have come to mind while using it that’d be great to see adjusted, or added. Here’s a little list of them!
– Element boxes don’t scroll with pages. This isn’t always an issue, but there are times when scanning up and down a long page it can be a tad annoying. An option for this would be great.
– Objects can’t be deselected by clicking outside of a page (ie: the workspace).
– If a page is thin, there’s no way to centre it in the workspace. There’s also no ‘hand’ scrolling for really large pages. ForeUI is quite dated in this respect.
– No crumple for individual pages (that’d be good for web design).
– Drag selecting is sluggish, and doesn’t always work. This is a big one for me, as I drag select all the time.
– A reverse option for display slider would be nice (newer objects hidden last, instead of first)
– An option to have the page list button at the top would be good. The flyout takes too much screen real estate, and doesn’t sit on a dual monitor screen. So, as a flyout it isn’t really practical.
– After hovering over a locked object, the lock pointer doesn’t update when over an unlocked object (confusing when trying to see which objects are locked, and which aren’t).
– There seems to be a bug when it comes to deleting folders. If it’s nested (under a page) it can’t be deleted.
Hi r10k, thanks you so much for these suggestions. Most of them are really existed problems and we will evaluate the solution after the holidays. Just something may need to confirm:
“crumple for individual pages”
Can you tell us why this is needed for web design?
“Drag selecting is sluggish, and doesn’t always work.”
It is kind of slow and I think we may optimized it. Can you tell me the case that it doesn’t work? That may be a bug I think.
The last issue (can’t delete folder under a page) is a bug, we will fix it in next version.
“Can you tell us why this is needed for web design?”
Nothing too specific for web design- I’d just be helpful to quickly identify the working state of each page. I like the crumple idea, and am currently working on mocking up a website, so that’s more or less why it came to mind
“It is kind of slow and I think we may optimized it. Can you tell me the case that it doesn’t work? That may be a bug I think.”
Unfortunately it’s only happened to me once, and I’m not sure of the steps needed to reproduce it. Hopefully if it happens again I’ll be able to provide the info. I should mention, the ‘sluggishness’ I mentioned really is a delay.
“The last issue (can’t delete folder under a page) is a bug, we will fix it in next version.”
One more for the list of things to consider- I’m under Windows so I’m not sure how possible this is under other other another OS, but drag drop into the image dock would be helpful. For projects that use a lot of images, the current setup is a tad on the slow side.
I should mention, the ‘sluggishness’ I mentioned really is a delay.
The delay was introduced som releases back, I think. As I recall the delay was added to avoid moving an element by mistake when you select it with a mouse (that was actually a great improvement!). Is there a relation to that issue, Xavier?
Hi Ulrich, I think that improvement has nothing to do with this issue. That improvement will take effect when you press on an element and drag it without releasing the mouse key; but the issue mentioned by r10k happens when you drag a region to select multiple elements inside…
BTW, on my PC and my laptop, the performance of drag selecting is still acceptable. What about yours, Ulrich?
Hi r10k, you mentioned “drag drop into the image dock”, do you mean dragging image file from desktop to the image dock directly? As I remember Ulrich has requested this feature (more than once), it is definitely in our TODO list
Yep, drag drop from the desktop is the one I’m after. The dialogue popup box after the import is good (for resizing) but an option to disable It might be good for those who want to add a lot of content quickly.
The final thing I for got to mention that’d b handy is the odd drawing tool. I’d love to be able to quickly sketch out lines (at any angle) but find myself limited to what foreUI currently has.
That all said, thanks!
Hi r10k, in our TODO list, there is a “Free Hand” element, which will allow you to draw anything you need
Awesome, thanks Xavier
This question is now closed