The table tool works very well but it would be great if the user also had the following options:
– the ability to choose the font
– the ability to choose the font size
– the ability to choose the font styling (bold, italic)
– the ability to choose the font color
– the ability to style the font, color and size independently per column
– the ability to re-order columns and rows by drag and drop. for ex: transpose the arrangement of COL A and COL B by dragging them so COL B is now before COL A
– the ability to select multiple columns and rows during editing data can be pasted across them
for ex: I have the value $100.00 and want it to appear in four rows, currently, i must manually enter this value for each row but allowing me to select data and paste it across multiple columns will save time
– the ability to import a CSV file (say up to 10 columns and 100 rows) and automatically generate a table from it!
Thanks for all these suggestions.
Actually ForeUI already provides the tools to change the font color, size and style for Table element in the floating tool pane. It is true that the current table tool can not style the font, color and size independently per column or row, we may consider supporting this in the future, meanwhile you can consider embedding a Text Box element into the table cell to achieve the result.
As for the data sorting, drag and drop, copy and paste, CSV data import etc., yes there are lot of things that can be improved or implement, we will do that step by step
Agreed, that feature works well enough for many cases. thanks.
This question is now closed