Hello everybody, we are pleased to release ForeUI V2.50 today. From this version a brand new auto updater of ForeUI will be available.
Since we update ForeUI frequently, an updater that can download and install updates automatically is really useful. From V2.50, the updater will be shipped with every downloadable package. When you launch ForeUI, it will detect the new version from Internet. If new version exist, ForeUI will ask whether to update, if you choose “Yes, Sure”, ForeUI will quit and the updater will be launched. The updater can work under Windows, Mac OS X and Linux systems.
The updater will download and verify the update package, then install it automatically. It will definitely save your time 🙂
With this updater, releasing minor version for bug fixings become much easier. If we confirm a serious bug, we can fix it immediately and push the update package to all users.
This version include three bug fixings, they are:
- Bug_0246: The exported DHTML does not respect the ImageBox’s background color and opacity. (Thank John Giddings for reporting)
- Bug_0247: If an ImageBox is embedded into Tabs, it can not be displayed in the exported DHTML. (Thank Boris for reporting)
- Bug_0248: Copy selected element(s) into clipboard and paste into Microsoft Word, the transparent background is black. (Thank Tim for reporting)
The figure below shows the effect of the fixing:
Extended Free Upgrade Period
The End User License Agreement (EULA) has been updated today. Customers who purchase ForeUI license can update to new versions for FREE if any of the conditions below is satisfied:
- The new version has the same major version number with the old version.
- The license is purchased within one year.
The first condition exists at the very beginning, and the second condition is added in this update.
For existing ForeUI users, this change may bring you several months’ free upgrade period, without any additional payment.
For coming ForeUI users, this change is also a good news, since you will have free upgrade for at least one year, even another major version will be released soon.
The chart below shows the difference between previous and new license agreement:
The chart is created with ForeUI, and you can run its interactive simulation here.